2013 UELAC Annual Conference
May 30 – June 2, 2013
Holiday Inn, Burlington, Ontario
THE HEAD OF THE LAKE
The land surrounding the western end of Lake Ontario
Rich in history and heritage
Our Loyalist monument was donated to the City of Hamilton by Stanley Mills and unveiled by his wife on May 24, 1929. It is located in front of the old Wentworth County Court House (now the McMaster University Continuing Education Centre) on Main Street East in the downtown core. Each year, we celebrate Loyalist Day on June 19th at the monument with a service of honour and remembrance.
A block of 50 rooms has been reserved. (30 with two double beds & 20 with one queen size bed) The cost is $119.00 per night.
The Alloro Restaurant & Bar is located off the main lobby offering an inviting atmosphere, cozy décor and a diverse menu. Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. You may enjoy a light snack or a full course meal in the comfort of your guest room with a wide selection from their Room Service Menu.
View Larger Map
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE QUOTE “LOYALIST CONFERENCE’ WHEN BOOKING BY TELEPHONE.
Credit is given to us by Tourism Burlington through the Burlington Hotel Association Reimbursement Program but only through telephone reservations. Other hotels included in this offer include Comfort Inn, Best Western, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington. Visit our website to obtain the telephone numbers of all these hotels.
Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
3063 South Service Road
Burlington, Ontario L7N 3E9
1-888-987-4888 (note correction)
Tentative Conference Schedule
Thursday, 30 May 2013
Opening Reception – Halton Hall – Theme: Brant’s Block, First Nations & Battle of Stoney Creek
- Finger food
- Greetings: David Hill Morrison UE
- Speaker – Zig Misiak – Honorary Vice-President UELAC
Friday, 31 May 2013
- Whole day tour – Niagara Region
- Fort George
- Laura Secord House
- Brock’s Monument
- Ravine Vineyard
- Lunch included
- Whole day tour – Hamilton Area
- Speaker: James Elliott – Battle of Stoney Creek
- NEW – Joseph Brant Museum*
- Hamilton Cemetery (Burlington Heights) with Robin McKee
- Stoney Creek Battlefield
- Lunch included
- Morning speakers
- James Elliott – Battle of Stoney Creek
- Jim Taggart – Early Medical remedies & instruments
- Doug Adams – Ontario Fur trade – then & now
- Afternoon tour – Stoney Creek Battlefield
- Lunch included
Dinner & Evening entertainment
- Burlington Golf & Country Club on the shore of Burlington Bay
- Music by Tamarack Music Group – War of 1812 theme
Saturday, 1 June 2013
- UELAC Annual General Meeting – Halton Hall
- Dominion Council Meeting – following
- Lunch following the AGM
On your own to discover local heritage, culture & shopping in the area
Gala Banquet – Halton Hall
- Speaker – Nathan Tidridge – recipient of the Gold & Diamond Jubilee Medals, Award winning educator
- Entertainment – Cottonwood Brass performing on Vintage instruments
Sunday, 2 June 2013
Church Service at Christ’s Church Cathedral, Hamilton
- Photo stop at our beautiful Loyalist Monument
A hospitality suite has been booked for the entire Conference. It will serve as a gathering place as well as a display and draw area. It is on the first floor adjacent to the pool and entertainment area. There is an outdoor lounge associated with this room. On Sunday you can leave your luggage here while at the church service.
Airways Transit is offering a conference rate of $54 per person (taxes included), one way, on transportation to/from Pearson Airport (37% off regular fare). Service to/from the Hamilton Airport is also available for a conference rate of $54 one way (1-2 passengers, taxes included). To make a reservation, please call 1.905.689.4460 or book online, quoting code UEL2013 (no spaces). Reservations must be made before May 25th, 2013 to qualify for the discounted rate. Airways Transit has a booth located inside Terminal 1 and 3.
The “Ground Transportation Desk” is on the ground level one level below arrivals, inside the terminal between posts “R & S”. Signage also reads, “Out of Town Vans.”
The “Out of Town Vans Counter” is on the arrivals level, inside the terminal between doors “B & C” (under the domestic escalator)
A link will be added in the New Year to connect you to this discounted pricing.